Published: 23/10/2019Research by MoneySupermarket has revealed the most exclusive streets to buy property, with 80% of London’s most expensive streets in Westminster and Kensington & Chelsea. The price comparison website has also created a new interactive tool that lets you take an armchair tour of the pricey addresses.
Nine of the most expensive streets in London (& the UK) are in Kensington & Chelsea, reaching nearly £40 million as an average property price on The Boltons. But the most expensive street in London is Grafton Street in Westminster, at a whopping £69,189,235 – that’s 30,788% more than the national median of £224,000.
The same research also revealed that the most expensive street outside of London is in Surrey, costing £7.5 million on average, and that you can now buy thousands of homes in Liverpool, where property averages just £15,000 on the cheapest street, for the same price as one flat in Westminster.
The most expensive streets in London and their average property values are:
- Grafton Street, City Of Westminster: £69,189,235
- The Boltons, Kensington And Chelsea: £37,720,000
- Grosvenor Crescent, City Of Westminster: £28,896,664
- Garden Road, City Of Westminster: £19,000,000
- Cadogan Place, Kensington And Chelsea: £18,250,000
- Railway Approach, Harrow: £103,500
- Abbey Close, Hayes: £103,954
- Armada Way, Newham: £114,743
- Aitken Close, Ruislip: £120,000
- Arthur Street, Bexley: £125,775